Monday, October 10, 2011

He is here. Don't miss Him.



"Some days the hurt of the world muddles my vision and I forget to remember that every moment is holy and I could live here on my knees with shoes off and hands raised if I would just choose to see it." I read this quote today and realized once again that every moment is touched with His Glory. My disposition or my busyness can help or hinder my recognition of the hand of God alive in my life, but it doesn't ever change the fact that He is there. A faithful friend that is found so often in the middle of what we would call the mundane. Another morning wading through the email, getting the kids off to school, my wife bringing me a cup of coffee at my desk, while the morning breeze whispers "He is near!" I don't know about you, but so often I miss Him and yet it is never because he not here. He swims in the air we breathe. I want to recognize his presence more - not in worship on Sunday mornings, but in the middle of a normal day, in the little things of life, in the eyes of my children and the love of my wife. So here's to finding the holy in the today - and be still enough in the midst of the crazy to know it and not miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment